Write about a fear you have overcome.

Prompt Response: One fear that I've learned to overcome is my giant fear of cockroaches. The wildest thing about this fear is I can recognize how irrational it is. I'm okay with spiders, snakes, heights, and clowns, but for some reason the speed, the flakiness, the ugliness of cockroaches I can't help but repulse at. There was one fateful summer where one had stumbled its way into my room with my friend over, and I being the host took it upon myself to defend us. At first, we ran out of the room screaming and crying, but I quickly told myself to get it together, and reentered the room to conquer the cockroach. I was so scared, I burst through the door with such a rush that the knob flung through and now lies a giant hole in my wall to remind me of the day I fought a roach. I won, by the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.