Working with others can expose you to ideas or perspectives you may not have considered on your own. What is one idea, suggestion, or approach from a group member that improved your paragraph or changed the way you thought about the argument? Explain how it helped you.
Prompt Response: One approach from my group members that changed how I thought about the argument was Sarah's perspective. Our prompt was about store-bought cards being a major cop-out, and while our perspective initially seemed unanimous, Sarah politely disagreed. At first, I was taken aback and found it hard to see her point of view on things, but after further discussion, she had some pretty good points about store-bought cards that I hadn't thought about at first. We changed our claims and switched from focusing on handmade cards to a broader outlook for our topic. Her fresh view on our prompt only helped us strengthen our argument and gave our group a more open, nuanced paragraph. In the end, the combination of our differences helped us more than I thought it would.
Summary: Today in class, we got in our groups and continued to discuss our paragraphs for submission.
Reflection: Us working in a group helped me to better write an argumentative paragraph. The collaboration of each of us played a crucial role in forming the paragraph.
Comments
Post a Comment