Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: The most challenging part of building an argument for me would be the collecting of evidence. I'm very good at forming claims, but I often have trouble differentiating between making claims and coming up with supporting evidence for my claim. I end up having lots of claims rather then one main claim and tiny pieces to support it. Second most challenging would then be commentary for very similar reasons, I'm just not always sure what counts as commentary vs more supporting evidence, but I'm slowly figuring that out. The practice we do in class especially helps!
Summary: Today in class we took notes on Line of Reasoning, and learned the proper way to form an argument. Claim, evidence, commentary, and then a conclusion. Afterwards, reviewing our own quizzes from earlier in the semester.
Reflection: Taking notes on Line of Reasoning is always very helpful for me, most times I find that Line of Reasoning is the thing I suffer with most in my writing. Sometimes, my paper, similar to my thinking, is all over the place. So, repetition helps me beat this bad habit. I also got to look at comments from the quiz we took earlier this semester, and the feedback I received helped solidify this thought, and so I know it's something I have to work on.
Comments
Post a Comment