Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 Prompt Response: A time I completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for was my Science project in 4th grade. I think this was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life, as I had misread the instructions, spent all night forming my project, and was laughed at for how horribly off the mark I had been, despite all my efforts. This moment stuck with me, and now I definitely double-check rubrics before beginning my assignments. This includes the Argument Essay rubric we received and reviewed in class. I learned that the rubric is lenient in some areas, as long as you know what they're looking for during your writing.

Summary: We read over, highlighted, and talked about how to get full points on the AP Exam for our essays. We also discussed the overrated prompt and shared our own opinions.

Reflection: The different sections of the rubric and seeing exactly what the AP scores are looking for gave me some ease for later on. Now, I feel better prepared for when we take the exam in May, and I know how easy some points are to receive with a little bit of effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.