In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 Prompt Response: Outside of the community that lies between me and my friends in everyday classes, the two communities I feel I truly belong most are theater and cheer. When I first tried out for the cheer team at Lakeside, I remember feeling especially afraid that I would feel left out throughout the process. I went in knowing nobody, and even had to hype myself up in the mirror to give myself the confidence to go through with it. I'm so glad I did because I came out of it with new bonds that I still cherish to this day. When looking back, I think part of what created this feeling was the dedication and happiness the environment had from our shared love.

 Summary: In class, we read a passage on CommonLit called "Missing Your People," and then answered assessment questions based on the reading.

 Reflection: In the passage, Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. I think the passage helped further my understanding of the importance of a community and what steps you should take to properly form one. This mattered because it also gave me a newfound sense of appreciation for the communities I feel I belong in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.