Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Prompt Response: 

    One thing that I believed in as a child was the tooth fairy. I believed in the tooth fairy up until I was around 9 years old. I think I believed in this story tale for so long half because of how gullible I was at the age and also due to the fact that I didn't start experiencing the effects of the tooth fairy until I lost my first tooth at the ripe age of 7. Everyone else in my class had been losing their teeth since their early 6's, so little me felt extremely behind. To my disappointment though, after suffering through the pain of pulling out my first ever tooth, I anticipated at LEAST a dollar awaiting me the next morning. I was greeted with a single quarter. The tooth fairy had robbed me! After that, I shamed the tooth fairy until my parents finally gave the gig up.

Summary:

   Today in class we went over creating claims, and supporting claims with a certain criteria list. One that creates certain conditions that have to be met in order to validate your claim, our example being Taylor Swift's popularity. We also heard about different types of claims, and I learned what a Claim-Fact is.

Reflection:

    Today in class, for our independent work, we had to write our own criteria lists. This strengthened my skill in creating different pieces of evidence, and I learned how to create unbiased statements that act more as research questions. I can reference this when forming new claims and when finding evidence for those claims in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.