With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

 Prompt Reflection: AP Language has been both interesting and fun so far! I've really been enjoying the blog posts, as I find writing to be an important hobby of mine in and outside of school. I also really enjoy the environment we have in AP Lang, and I feel as if I've learned a lot in the 4 weeks we've had of school so far. The films we've watched and the notes we take are all very informative, and I've learned lots that I've never even thought of before. For example, I apparently don't live in Atlanta. One thing I need to work on overall is consistency, like doing my blog posts on the day they're assigned. 

Summary: In class, we wrote an argument body paragraph after reading the excerpt called Ambush, and wrote about our stance on what we consider to be a "good kill". 

Reflection: When we practiced writing argument body paragraphs, I realized I had lots to work on. Not only did I find it hard to differentiate between claims, evidence, and explaining the evidence, but I also found myself being quite wordy most of the time. This exercise seems to be helping me prepare and hone my writing skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.