What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response:

    One time I can recall myself persuading someone was when I was 11 years old, and I was trying to convince my mom to buy me an iPad for Christmas. I believe I used all 3; Ethos, Pathos, and Logos when convincing her. My argument was built on proving that an iPad is less of a want, but a necessity, and to do so I first conveyed the logical thought process behind buying me an iPad. Homework would be done easier, and it was needed for easier, more complex methods of note taking. Then, I convinced her through Pathos with my little 11 year old tears. I told her that all the other kids have iPads, and that me not having one put me at a disadvantage academically. Finally, to really sell the deal I brought up my friends who did in fact have an iPad, and compared their success rates to mine, and how having an iPad might've contributed to that. I think logos was the most effective method in convincing her to buy it for me, as she cares the most about my academic success rather then any emotional want I may have.

Summary: 

Today in class we spun wheels, and took turns presenting the "OriginOfmyName" project in front of the class.

Reflection:

I learned and more so practiced my presentation skills today in class. I can use this knowledge further in life, and with each presentation, I'm able to take note of things I did both well and not well to know what I should focus on during preparation for next time. I also learned more about my classmates, and this practice aided in my memorization of their names! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.