How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Prompt Response: Living in Atlanta has influenced the way I see culture through immersion and exposure to a multitude of cultures. One of my favorite things about Atlanta is the diversity. Atlanta is home to numerous cultures, and two of the most beautiful things I was introduced to upon moving here was both the introduction to the wide variety and mix of them that can be found throughout. One key example of this can be seen at school, or even from a simple drive downtown. I think if someone was unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would emphasize to them how important it is to embrace this difference and take them to one of the numerous buzzing third-spaces that can be found everywhere in ATL. My favorite being Ponce City Market. My family, my friend, and my friend's family visited there this summer, and the one way to describe that place is magical.

Summary: Today in class we dissected multiple speeches, and took a deep dive into the "Go Home" speech by Keisha Lance Bottom. 

Reflection:

I enjoyed watching this speech, and it helped me strengthen all of my skills for my own speeches later on during the school year. We practiced ethos, logos, pathos, and also more rhetorical situation; SPACECAT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities.

Describe something you will never fully understand.