Describe a time you felt completely lost.
Prompt Response:
One time I felt completely lost was after I took an attachment test online. Yes, I know, on surface it sounds stupid, and YES it is just some online personality attachment quiz. However, in the summer of 2024, I conducted a research paper on attachment styles and both how they form and how they might affect you later down the line. One way I conducted my research was by scouring through countless websites and scores and looking for the most effecient way of determining attachment. While there are tell-tale signs, this website was one of my biggest tools as it's results have credibility and logic behind them. So, I based my "diagnosis"- if you will- on my results. Turns out I had a disorganized attachment style. Which I guess looking back is fine, but in the moment, I had no idea how to fix it, and all I knew was that it was bad, and that people with this attachment style tend to manipulate and control. "Am I like that?" was my first thought. While at first, this realization left me both dumbfounded and lost, I think I found a way to cope, and the realization that this might be affecting me more then I thought (even if the test IS fake) helped guide me to more secure, beneficial attachments in my life!
Summary:
Today in class we read an article comparing and contrasting three year bachelor degrees from four year degrees, and wrote about the different claims the author was making inside the passage.
Reflection:
I can use this article in my future when deciding which type of degree/college I'm thinking of attending. I now know the difference between the two, and have been informed about the different benefits and disadvantages that may come with them. Another thing I learned was I practiced my claim skills along with drawing out the right form of reasoning for the different types of claims.
Comments
Post a Comment