Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.
Prompt Reflection: One thing that makes me different from other people is my empathy; I think it's one of my favorite traits of myself. I think it can be a double-edged sword, but it makes me the person I am today. For a while, I struggled with this. There's a thin line between empathy and self-abandonment, and I often find myself teetering, tiptoeing on the edge until stumbling on the other side. I am quick to love, quick to empathize, and even quicker to forgive- even if not always serving me. However, I've been working on it, and I've found out that when done right, the power to forgive can be magical even when not reciprocated. That's what makes me happy, and I'm grateful to have a community filled with that type of love. It's in my earnest hopes that those who haven't been introduced to it are also gifted with the practice of empathy.
Summary: Today in class we watched different clips from different movies and TV shows, and took notes on SPACECAT based off of the different techniques the speaker conveyed in the clips. Then, at the end of class we took a quiz based off of the Rhetorical Situations we've been discussing in class all week.
Reflection:
Taking the quiz helped me get an idea of what the content of our AP Lang quizzes and tests will look like in the future. It's helping me grasp the amount of rigor we'll have in the future, and I'm ready to see what and where I may have to approve in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment